Sunday, February 3, 2013

Hellllooooooo out there

Well hello there!  Yes, yes.  It's me.  I know I've been away for, oh...a couple of years...but I'm here!  Where have I been you ask?  Here, just not HERE.  I've been raising my boys and getting caught up in the every day mayhem that comes with a frat house.

Every year around Christmas I fret about our card and have to capture the perfect picture.  This past year I had a bright idea thanks to Pinterest (a love of mine).  I gathered all the boys, gave them the proper attire and we headed out back to do our thing.  So it didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped.  In fact.  I thought it was a complete disaster.  Three days later I finally downloaded the images to my computer, went through each one always finding something wrong.  As I went through them again I realized I was looking for the wrong image.  I needed not the perfect one to everyone else, just the perfect capture of who my kids are these days.  I found one, did my PS magic and came up with this...


This card made me so happy!  I was excited that I was able to capture my boys just as they are these days.  It wasn't what I had envisioned...it was better.

Then came a den meeting for our Tiger cub.  They had to scrapbook and who better to provide the supplies than the mom who used to scrapbook.  I brought out the books for the boys to look at and laid them on the table as examples.  Before the meeting began I heard giggling and belly laughter from the dining room.  I found the big boys going through some of the family blog books that date back to when they were much younger.  They were laughing at the pictures and things they used to say.  They loved them and spent a long time going through each one.  It made me miss the days I used to blog.

This year I made a new year's resolution.  I need to pick up my camera again.  If not for Queen Bee then for me, for my boys, and for the sake of keeping our memories.  Memories like this one...


Yes, his underwear is on backwards.  Why?  So he can "see the picture".  It's a memory that we'll laugh about when he's older and one that needs to be documented.

So here I am.  I'm back to the photography.  Where do I want it to go?  I have no clue.  But I do know that I have three very willing subjects, a bag full of equipment and no more excuses.





No comments: